Here at The Party Room, it is really important to us that we do all that we can to minimise our impact on the environment. For this reason, we have made the decision to avoid adding particular products to our range of party supplies and decorations, including:
- Plastic plates
- Plastic cups
- Plastics drinking straws
- Plastic cutlery
- Plastic tablecovers
- Plastic loot bags
- Foil curtains
- Plastic confetti poppers
- Plastic favours / toys / other disposable plastic gifts
Here are some other ways we are trying to minimise our environmental impact:
- All of the shipping satchels we use are from The Better Packaging Company and they are either home compostable or made from 100% ocean-bound plastic pollution.
- We exclusively use eco paper tape and plant-based natural cellulose tape to seal our cardboard boxes.
- We reuse cardboard boxes where possible and our new shipping cartons are made from 100% recycled cardboard.
- To void fill and protect the items we ship, we use newsprint paper. We also reuse bubble wrap and other packing products that come from our suppliers.
- All of our latex balloons are made from natural rubber and are 100% biodegradable. We exclusively stock high-quality latex balloons made by reputable manufacturers. While we do not sell helium, we strongly recommend that our balloons are safely popped and binned at the end of any event so that they are not released into the environment.
We are constantly looking for new, beautiful, eco-friendly products to bring to the New Zealand market and we are excited to see some of our leading suppliers make sustainability and the environment a priority. While not all of our products are perfect, we are always striving to improve so we can help our customers find beautiful party products that do not have a lasting impact on our planet.